Calgary - www.calgaryfieldlacrosse.com
Mustangs Lacrosse -www.mustangstarzlax.com
Red Deer Orangemen - www.reddeerlacrosse.com
Razorbacks, Edmonton - www.razorbackslacrosse.ca
Lacoka Field Lacrosse - Mike Wood
Men's Field Lacrosse
Men's Field Lacrosse is played outdoors on a 100m x 55m filed. Teams consist of 10 players of a team roster of 20-23 players. The team on the field consists of goaltender, attack, midfielders and defense.
Men's Field is very similar to Box in the fundamental skills of passing and catching, and the physical nature of the play. The games differ in the style of play and strategy. There is no controlling shot clock in Men's Field and the game is more strategic and relies more heavily on possession and control of the ball.
1. You will improve as a player - If you want to improve as a player, field lacrosse is like going to lacrosse camp all summer long. Field lacrosse teaches advanced stick skills (use of opposite hand, new cradling skills), individual offense (e.g., one-on-one moves, shooting tips), conditioning and strength-building, and provides an increased sense of team strategy. These are skills that will improve your overall lacrosse game.
2. Low cost - The cost of registration is modest. Plus you don't have to worry about getting extra equipment. If you are playing men's field lacrosse, you can wear all your regular box lacrosse equipment.
3. A chance to play all summer - Field Lacrosse season starts in early July and lasts until the end of August . That adds an extra months to your lacrosse season.
4. Chance to play with other lacrosse players - Field Lacrosse provides an opportunity for players from different areas of the region to play together. There also is the opportunity to play other region’s teams on field lacrosse 'festival' days.
5. Competition at all levels - Field Lacrosse provides competition at all levels (depending on region): Mini Tyke, Tyke, Novice, PeeWee, Bantam, Midget, U19 (17-19) and Senior (20 and older).
6. Another chance to play in provincials.
7. Nets are bigger - Field lacrosse encourages high scoring games with the use of 6 ft-by-6 ft nets and lots of fast-paced action.
8. Builds fitness - Field lacrosse is played on soccer-sized field and builds extra conditioning and fitness.
9. Other opportunities - Field lacrosse is the only lacrosse opportunity that provides athletic scholarship opportunities in the United States. Field lacrosse is also played at the collegiate level in Ontario and B.C.
10. It's fun!! - Field Lacrosse emphasizes learning new lacrosse skills and having fun!