Annual Meeting (AGM) Voting
Votes are held by the Head Coach of each team. The Head Coach may proxy their vote to another ALA Member by completing the ALA Proxy Form. All proxy forms must be submitted to the ALA Office at email@example.com, no later than 48 hours prior to the AGM. The 2022 proxy form can be downloaded at https://albertalacrosse.com/content/ala-annual-meeting-agm/.
Possible Votes by Club for 2022 AGM
Bylaw 4- Meetings of Members and Voting
4.06.1 RIGHT AND OBLIGATION TO VOTE AT MEMBERS' MEETING
At each meeting of the Members (Annual Meeting or Special Meeting) the following have the right to vote:
- The President, Director of Administration, Director of Marketing and Communication, Director of High Performance, Director of Development, Past President, and each President of a Local Governing Body shall have one (1) vote;
- Each Voting Member in good standing shall have one vote; and
- All votes eligible to be cast by those in attendance shall be cast on every motion unless excused by resolution of the Meeting or, unless disqualified by reason of conflict of interest, in which case that person shall not vote.
In order for a Member to qualify for voting privileges at meetings of Members, the Member must be a Member in Good Standing and:
- Have completed registration as per ALA Regulations in the current season;
- Have paid the Annual Membership Dues for the current year; and
- Be present in person, have its representative present, or have a proxy in writing from the Member’s Head Coach no later than the commencement of the meeting.
- At all meetings of the Members of the ALA, every question shall be decided by a simple majority of the votes of those entitled to vote who are present in person or through Proxy.
- Every question shall be decided in the first instance by a show of hands (having regard to the right of multiple votes of the Members) unless a poll is demanded by a Member, or a person who is a member of the Board of Directors. Unless a poll is demanded, a declaration by the Chairperson that a resolution has been carried or not carried and an entry to that effect in the minutes of the ALA shall be sufficient evidence of the fact without proof of the number or proportion of the votes accorded in favor of or against such resolution.
- The demand for a poll may be withdrawn, but if a poll is demanded and not withdrawn, the question shall be decided by a majority of votes cast, and such poll shall be taken in such manner as the Chairperson shall direct and the result of such poll shall be deemed the decision of the ALA in a meeting of Members, upon the matter in question.
4.07.1 CASTING VOTE
In case of an equality of votes at any meeting of the Members, whether upon such a show of hands or at a poll, the Chairperson shall cast the deciding vote.
4.07.2 NUMBERING VOTES
- At meetings of Members, each voting member shall have one (1) vote.
- The President, Director of Administration, Director of Marketing and Communication, Director of High Performance, Director of Development, Past President, and each President of a Local Governing Body shall have one (1) vote.
- Proxy votes are allowed provided written notification prior to the commencement of the meeting to the ALA office signed by the Member Proxy votes are not permitted for the Members of the ALA Executive Committee.
- The Member’s votes may not be cast by a representative who is a member of the Executive Committee.
- Every Member is entitled to appoint a representative at the AGM. Every Member, in absence of a representative, is entitled to proxy.
- No Member shall be entitled to carry more than 33% of all potential votes.